PE and Swimming Teaching Assistant
To assist PE teachers in swimming/pe lessons and the overall Huili swimming program.
1. Support the PE teachers in the lessons. Lessons should be fun, challenging and engaging.
2. Helping to ensure the safety and well-being of pupils at all times
3. Working with small-sized groups in lessons or one on one to improve the quality of teaching.
4. Covering lessons as required by the Aquatics coordinator.
5. Helping set up lessons and after school activities.
6. Setting a positive example for students.
7. Be proactive and actively seeking the advice of the PE teachers to develop your own set of skills.
8. Accompanying school teams on swimming competitions at weekends or after school .
9. Be proactive around the PE Dept and helping with the maintenance of displays and sports. equipment. This includes getting sports kit cleaned in time for fixtures.
10.Maintaining the quality of swimming teaching and learning
11.Helping establish relationships with neighbouring schools.
12.Acting as Chinese translator for those EAL students.
13.Maintaining high standards of personal and professional conduct at all times.
14.Checking the conditions of the pool and liaising with the Aquatics coordinator if there are any issues.
15.Assisting the PE teachers in coaching the students in the swimming pool.
16.Assisting in running fun and challenging After School Swimming Activities for students.
17.Helping to foster a good working atmosphere where students wear the correct uniform and arrive on time.
18.Developing student’s technique and physical fitness.
19.Preparing students for forthcoming competitions.
20.To assist with government liaison and completion of related tasks.
21.To assist with the administrative requirements of the sports fixtures and events.
22.To fulfil any other reasonable request from the Head of Department(s) that may arise, especially in the context of a developing department and programme.
⚫ Education: Bachelor’s degree.
⚫ Major: Physical Education related subject.
⚫ Language: Native Chinese speaker and fluent in English, minimum CET-6, Familiar with terminology of the major and able to accurately express meanings.
⚫ Teaching Qualification Certificate for Primary or Junior High
⚫ Qualification Certificate in Swimming Coaching
⚫ Good communication in English and Chinese
⚫ Familiar with Office software
⚫ Familiar with team manager
⚫ International and bilingual school working experience is preferred.
⚫ Cross-cultural working experience is preferred.
⚫ Demonstrating practice that represents the five core values of Wellington at all times (courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility).
⚫ Strong passion for the education industry.
⚫ Detailed-oriented and disciplined in time management.
⚫ Warm, helpful personality.
⚫ Strong mind-set for continuous improvement to meet or exceed expectations.
⚫ Physical education working experience is preferred.