- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date Aug 1, 2022 USD Month
- Grade Level Primary, Middle, High
- Discipline Physical & Health Science
- Address Yantai, China
Job Title: Whole School PE teacher
Division / Department: Academic
Reporting to: Co-Principals Job Location: YWIES-YT
Direct Report: Head of PE
Effective Date: 2022-08-01
A. Knowledge and understanding:
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of Physical Education
- Cope securely with subject-related questions that students raise and know about students’ common misconceptions and mistakes in their specialist subject(s).
B. Planning and setting expectations:
- Identify clear teaching objectives, content, lesson structures and sequences appropriate to the subject matter and the students being taught.
- Set appropriate and demanding expectations for students’ learning and motivation. Set clear targets for students’ learning, building on prior attainment and experiences.
- Identify students who have special educational needs and are gifted and talented, and know where to get assistance in order to give positive and targeted support. Where applicable, implement and keep records on Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
C. Teaching and managing student learning:
- Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals so that teaching objectives are met, momentum and challenge are maintained, and best use is made of teaching time.
- Use teaching methods that keep students engaged, including stimulating students’ intellectual curiosity, effective questioning and response, clear presentation and good use of resources.
- Set high expectations for students’ behavior, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well-focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships.
- Promote positive behavior patterns, encourage self-esteem, and improve independent working in students to assist their education and growth within an ICT environment;
D. Assessment and evaluation:
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use this assessment for future teaching.
- Mark and monitor students’ class and homework providing constructive oral and written feedback, setting targets for students’ progress.
- When applicable, understand the demands expected of students in relation to the National Curriculum.
E. Relations with parents and wider community:
- Know how to prepare and present informative reports to parents.
- Recognize that learning takes place outside the school context and provide opportunities to develop students’ understanding by relating their learning to real and work-related examples.
- Understand the need to cooperate with agencies outside school.
F. Managing own performance and development:
- Understand the need to take responsibility for their own professional development and to keep up to date with research and developments in pedagogy and in the subjects they teach.
- Understand their professional responsibilities in relation to school policies, guidelines and practices.
- Set a good example to the students they teach in their presentation and their personal conduct.
- Evaluate their own teaching critically and use this to improve their effectiveness.
G. Managing and developing staff and other adults:
- Establish effective working relationships with professional colleagues, such as, co-teachers, specialist teachers and associate staff.
H. Managing resources:
- Select and make good use of books, equipment, ICT and other learning resources that enable teaching objectives to be met. Most staff are required to serve as Form Tutors during their time at YWIES.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Native English speaker
- Holder of Bachelor Degree and teaching certificate or license, with recognized qualification
- Minimum 2 years of full-time teaching experience
- Support Yew Wah’s values
- Have passion for teaching students
- Sensitive and responsive to the needs of students and demonstrate commitment to their best interest
- Demonstrate commitment in teamwork
- Previous experience of working with a diverse group of young children and/or implementation of inquiry based learning approach is a plus
- Previous experience in leadership role is a plus
Submit your CV and Cover Letter through CTJ online application or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please mention ChinaTeachJobs.com when submitting your application.