- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Address Shanghai Concord Bilingual School, China
The Physics Teacher will report to the Head of Science. He/she will be responsible for contributing to the development of the subject at all levels throughout the school. He/she needs to possess good organisational skills and also be an enthusiastic, energetic and innovative teacher, committed to flexible and varied styles of teaching and in sympathy with the aims anad objectives of this bilingual school.
The post holder will be part of a team of specialist science teacher, which is expected to grow in size considerably as student numbers increase. He/she will be closely involved in the development of Physics at all levels throughout the school.
• a high quality degree with Physics as the sole or major focus
• a formal teaching qualification
• at least two years’ teaching experience
• Minimum two years’ Physics teaching experience and the capability of teaching Physics to all age groups 11-18;
• Ability to communicate in English with pupils, colleagues and parents, with support for interpretation into Chinese where necessary, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community;
• Ability to work collaboratively;
• Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning;
• Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross-cultural approach to work;
• A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes;
• Experience of A-Level or IGCSE students will be beneficial.
Email: [email protected]