The role of a physics teacher in DHSZ is to be able to understand and respond to individual student needs on a continual basis. Physics is a popular and strong subject within our school and our students expect a lot from their physics teacher. The lessons planned should be creative, engaging and be strong in the use of formative assessment.
Dulwich International High School, Suzhou is the school of choice in Suzhou for Chinese parents who wish their children to gain the skills and education necessary for them to be successful in non-Chinese universities. The major destinations for all of our students is the USA and the UK. Our school is home to almost 800 students who study IGCSE and A levels. Our students ask for excellence in teaching and they work hard to achieve offers from their universities of choice.
Our offering is largely academic concentrating on STEAM subjects with an outstanding visual arts component which is becoming more popular as it gains in recognition. Because we believe in developing the whole child, we also have a thriving co-curricular programme in which all students and all teachers participate.
Suzhou is known as the “Venice of the East”. It has a long and colourful history based around the waterways in the province. Much of Suzhou is designed around the lakes and canal system and it makes for wonderful walking, cycling and exercising opportunities. Suzhou is a vibrant city that with an enriching arts and performing culture that also offers many scenic areas of peace and tranquillity. Public transport is cheap and easy to use. The city is also one of the most multi-cultural in China and offers food and drink from all around the world.
Our Teaching Profile (International High School)
At Dulwich International High School, students come first. And because teachers play an extraordinary role in nurturing our students to become confident, curious and knowledgeable global citizens, we look to recruit the very best practitioners in international education who are passionate about unlocking the potential of our students.
Our teachers nurture and inspire their students today to make a positive difference in the world – living fully, living responsibly, and living sustainably. We empower our Teachers to Live Worldwise.
Our Vision For Teachers
• Put students first in all they do
• Display a positive attitude, adaptability and open-mindedness
• Show professional initiative and perseverance
• Are truly collaborative and display highly developed communication skills
• Are committed to internationalism and equity
• Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
Worldwise teachers believe in:
• The right of every student to be safe, supported and nurtured
• Evidence-based and innovative pedagogy
• Personalised and differentiated student learning
• Setting high expectations for every student
• Empowering students to reach their own goals
• High levels of student motivation and engagement
Worldwise teacher’s practice:
• Maximises every student’s opportunity learn
• Promotes student agency, reflection and a love of learning
• Delivers academic rigour and holistic learning
• Reveals the complex and inter-disciplinary nature of learning content
• Creates a supportive and dynamic learning environment
• Develops students’ higher-order thinking
Post-holder Qualifications, Experience
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
DHSZ is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students. Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
The successful candidate must be
– Passionate about Physics and be able to inspire students to study their subject further
– Capable of delivering Physics knowledge to the depth required at the A2 level
– Successful in showing student progress so that students are fully prepared for external examinations at IGCSE and A level stages
– Experienced (or willing to learn) in using formative assessment in order to advance student learning
– Actively engaged in furthering their own pedagogical knowledge
– Willing to collaborate with a diverse range of teachers in order to create an engaging classroom
– Able to differentiate in order to meet the needs of all students, especially within an EAL environment
– Willing to engage in the student’s own culture (Chinese) in order to fully know your students
– Knowledgeable in the latest safeguarding systems in order to ensure student wellbeing
– Eager to fully engage with the students in their Co-curricular activities
– Adaptable in the classroom in order to make full use of educational technology to meet student needs
– Able to demonstrate that they hold the highest expectations of the students and themselves.
How to Apply
To apply for this position you will need to include:
– an application letter
– your CV
– a statement of educational philosophy
– details of three referees from your current and previous employer
Applications should be submitted through our on-line application system at: https://www.dulwich.org/careers/find-your-career?code=dihsz
For further information please see our website at https://suzhou-high-school.dulwich.org/
The closing date for applications is 3rd May 2022.
Interviews will take place as soon as applications are received, therefore early application is encouraged.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, successful references, as well as due visa and work permit process as required by Chinese law.