- Address 8 Kehua Road, Shenzhen, China
Position: Playlab Teacher, Kindergarten
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: August 2022
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online. Avenues is a single global school with multiple interconnected campuses. It is not a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Kindergarten at Avenues is a laboratory of joy, discovery, and exploration. Children learn primarily through play, and our role as educators is to help foster a love of learning that young children will carry with them as they move upwards through school. Collaboration is woven into everything we do. Teams of English and Chinese teachers share two classes of students, collaborating to nurture their students’ social, emotional and academic growth. Teacher teams share responsibility for the curriculum and plan together daily. This intense collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we’re always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
The after-school program at Avenues: The World School is seeking a part-time teacher to join our team of diverse and motivated leaders and educators in our PlayLab general after-school care program for students in Nursery through K. Activities during this time include art, cooking, dramatic play, group games and outdoor play. This role requires strong classroom management skills and a background with children and parents in a school setting. The ability to maintain order during a busy program, multitask and problem solve in any situation is an integral part of this position.
- Implement a play based curriculum that engages all learners in meaningful enrichment programming after school.
- Implement classroom management that reflects and corresponds with Response Classroom techniques
- Respond to the individual needs of children and establish stable and consistent relationship with each child and their families/caregivers.
- Implement and adhere to safety protocols particularly sign in and out procedures
- Collaborate daily with colleagues to continually improve student learning and school culture
- Maintain a tidy and functional classroom and commons space
- Bachelor degree or above (could be part time, current undergraduate students are encouraged to apply)
- Experience working with children ages 2-10 years old preferable in an education or enrichment-setting
- Deep dedication to learning and developing the craft of teaching
- Fluent in both English and Chinese
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Nursery certificate（保育员资格证） and preschool teacher certificate preferred
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Background check and medical clearance will be required
Apply through the Careers section at https://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.