- Qualification Bachelors
- Salary Offer CNY 22k-26k/month USD CNY 22k-26k/month Month
- Grade Level Primary
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address Suzhou International Academy, BFSU, Suzhou, Jiangsu Provinec, China
Suzhou International Academy, BFSU, is a full-time international school established under the cooperation among the Wujiang People’s Government of Suzhou, Beijing Foreign Studies University, and TIANWU Group, integrating five divisions: kindergarten, primary, junior high, senior high, and international. Located at the Suzhou Bay of Tai Lake, SIA is known as the Eton in China, the PASS base of BFSU, a model school featured in foreign languages and the benchmark of international schools around Yangtze River Delta. Covering 85,000 m2, SIA has introduced in its buildings the most advanced design concept “the third generation of school architectures” and “minimized consumption architectures”, boasting American style education complex, high-standard classrooms featured in “2 big classrooms plus a smaller one”, super widen corridors, disseminated and diversified study centers, campus atmosphere, suite-like workplace, outdoors balconies, and Chinese cultural experience halls, all covered by temperature and humidity controlled with central ventilation system. It is an ecological and environmental- friendly school with modern European style, adjacent to East Tai Lake Ecological Park, enjoying a breathtaking scenery, advantageous geological location, convenient transportation, in an economically advanced and highly globalized region.
The role of the Primary English Teacher is to:
- 1) Teaches up to 25 teaching periods per week according to the subject specifications and guidelines set by Suzhou International Academy, BFSU.
- 2) Provide s the Head of department (HOD) monthly teaching plans in line with the Scheme of Work (SOW).
- 3) Seeks prior approval from the HOD if they wish to deviate from the SOW in any way.
- 4) Sets and marks monthly tests, sets and marks internal examinations as specified by the HOD.
- 5) Writes student reports in line with the school reporting schedule.
- 6) Acts as tutor to a group of students as assigned by the HOD.
- 7) Sets and marks homework on a regular basis in order to enhance students’ learning.
- 8) Participates in meetings with parents.
- 9) Participates in ‘Open Days’ for prospective students and parents.
- 10) Invigilates examinations as directed by the school.
- 11) Advises HOD regarding specialized subject resources required to help students optimize their learning.
- 12) Write references for students and help them to edit their personal statements for application to universities.
- 13) Accepts other duties assigned to enhance the learning experience of the students and smooth functioning of the International Division.
- 14) Attends meetings and training sessions which are considered necessary for staff development.
- 8:00-17:30 Monday to Friday
- The teacher could leave at 17:00 if he doesn’t have the last lesson,and the lunch break for that day is one hour.
- The teacher should leave until he finish the last lesson at 17:30 and he could have the lunch break for 1.5 hours at that day.
- Native English speaker (from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and South Africa)
- Bachelor’s Degree or above, majoring in English is a plus
- Must have over 2-year Primary English teaching experience, holding a TEFL/TESOL certificate
- Holding a national teaching license is an advantage
- Monthly salary: 22k – 26k (depending on the qualification and experiences)
- Free accommodation in a furnished apartment with paid WIFI
- Travelling allowance: 10000rmb/year
- Health insurance
- End of year bonus
- Christmas holiday
- Summer vacation: 5 to 6 weeks; Winter vacation: 2 to 3 weeks
- Working visa supported
- 60%-80% off discount for tuition fee