- Salary Offer CNY 30k-35k/month USD CNY 30k-35k/month Month
- Address Beijing, China
Specific duties and responsibilities of the Primary Home Room Teacher will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Planning: To plan and prepare courses, schemes of work and individual lessons; appropriate to the needs, interests, experience and existing knowledge of the pupils in one’s class.
- Setting and Supervising Work by Pupils: To teach a class or classes, sets, groups or individual pupils, and to set tasks to be undertaken, both at school and elsewhere.
- Marking and Recording: To mark and assess pupils’ work and to record their development, progress and attainment.
- Discipline And Relationships: To take responsibility for maintaining good order, discipline and respect for others, among the pupils, both inside and outside the classroom; to promote understanding of the school’s rules and values; to safeguard health and safety; and to develop relationships with and between pupils, conducive to optimum learning. Teachers are expected to role model appropriate use of language and communication.
- Communication with Parents: To build and maintain co-operative relationships with parents and to communicate with them on pupils’ learning and progress, drawing attention to special skills and talents, as well as to problems or difficulties.
The Classroom: To maintain an attractive, safe and stimulating classroom environment and to contribute to displays in the school as a whole.
- Overall Policy and Review: To comply with all school policies and guidelines and take part in whole-school reviews of policy and aims.
- Reports: To provide or contribute to oral and written assessments , reports and references relating to the development and learning of individual pupils and groups of pupils.
- Review: To evaluate and review one’s own teaching methods, materials and schemes of work, and to make changes as appropriate.
- Professional Development: To be up–to-date with current educational thinking and practices; to improve one’s pedagogy and understanding of pupils’behavior and development, both by study and by attendance at courses, workshops and meetings; and to participate in appraisals and reviews of one’s work, arranged by the Head.
- Public Relations: To establish and maintain co-operative relationships with other Staff members, exhibit appropriate professional conduct and dress, and Communicate positive aspects of the school to the public.
- School Life: To engage in various activities at the school, such as:
• Serve as a homeroom/class teacher with responsibility, for the day-to-day pastoral care of students;
• Participate in off-site student field trips;
• Attend meetings such as staff and departmental meetings;
• Carry out supervisory duties at break/lunch times and at the beginning or end of the school day;
• Participate in parent-teacher meetings;
• Attend special events and support student functions outside of the regular school day;
• Serve on committees, as required;
• Lead / assist at least one co-curricular activity for students;
• Teach after-school enrichment classes for students identified as needing enrichment or additional reinforcement;
• Providing substitution for other teachers on need based, as required by the Heads and Programme Coordinators.
- Working days: To maintain regular attendance during all scheduled school days and on those Saturdays when attendance is required for a school and / or staff event /workshop.
- Additional Duties: To perform any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head.
- English: speaks English at an idiomatic level”
- Chinese: basic (preferred)
- Must Currently in China
- Minimum of 2 year experience in related fields
- Teaching qualification of IB PYP (preferred)
- Bachelor degree at least
- A teaching certificate from your home country (or another English peaking country)
- Collaboration with Education Assistants and all other teachers and staff
- Applying constructivist, inquiry approaches to all teaching and learning
- Differentiating learning for students as necessary
- Developing our curriculum and program further in collaboration with other teachers and staff
- Commitment and motivation toward continual professional development
- Open-mindedness to Japanese culture and customs in the workplace