Primary Swim Teacher
• Primarily Head of Aquatics
• Head of PE
• Director of Sport
Wellington College International Shanghai is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to
cover the position of Primary Swim Teacher. This is a great opportunity to gain
experience across a wide range of Primary swimming related activities while working
with a fantastic team. The PE department works with a diverse ender users and
stakeholders including teachers, budget owners, and non-academic staffs in the wide
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Works to a timetable and schedule as set by the school to include:
• Timetabled lessons throughout the school day
• Evening and weekend sessions as scheduled by Head of Aquatics
• Potential early morning sessions
• Accurate records of pupil’s swim levels and achievements
• Other duties determined by school or department management.
• Two years’ experience within an English-speaking international school
• Knowledge of lifesaving methods and procedures, including first aid and standard
• Skilled in the application of lifesaving techniques.
• Skilled in swimming
• Ability to perform rescue actions, administer first aid and CPR.
• Ability to speak English to an intermediate level.
• Must possess current Lifeguard Training and/or Community First Aid
qualifications and Professional Rescuer Cardiopulmonary (CPR) certificate upon
employment or willing to undergo.
• Is responsible for keeping updated with all qualifications relevant to this position.
• Experience in Hytech software (meet manager/Team manager).
• Female only