- Address Multiple cities in China
Are you looking for a new, exciting opportunity to teach in China and travel?
We are interested in partnering with teachers that have a passion for student achievement and success. Teachers that are collaborative and able to adapt to the Maple Leaf vision and mission. If you are seeking a challenging but rewarding career in education, apply today!
Maple Leaf International School – Zhenjiang invites applications from school leaders who thrive in intercultural environments to apply for the position of Principal. Zhenjiang is located on the southern bank of the Yangtze River near its intersection with the Grand Canal. Its major natural resource is water and the city has a population of approximately 3 million. MLIS Zhenjiang is located approximately one hour west of Shanghai by fast train.
Maple Leaf International School-Zhenjiang is a Maple Leaf World School offering the Maple Leaf World School Program. The school admits students from Zhenjiang as well as from around China that are interested in studying abroad, have a strong work ethic, and sufficient ability to study in English and to learn gaining the Maple Leaf advantages.
The current enrolment is approximately 200 students. Students are enrolled in either the Maple Leaf World School Program or the ESL Grade, based on their language proficiency. Upon graduation, students will receive the Maple Leaf World School diploma.
The successful candidate will be attracted to this unique opportunity will meet the following requirements:
Required Education and Experience
- Completion of a Masters degree, or evidence of enrollment in a Masters program;
- Teacher certification from a recognized granting agency;
- Minimum of three complete years of successful teaching in accredited schools and at least two years of administrative experience
- Familiarity with the technology used in supporting student learning and experience with differentiated teaching practices related to inclusion, diversity and teaching students with exceptionalities;
- Ability to create a strong team amongst a group of experienced staff;
- Ability to work in an intercultural setting where building relationships with all partners that share the facilities will be critical to the success of the program and the school;
- Knowledge of the new curriculum, instruction and assessment strategies;
- Qualifications and demonstrated ability to teach at the secondary level;
- Intercultural communication skills and a desire to live and work in China;
- A willingness to engage in student recruitment activities and activities which profile the school within the community;
- Familiarity and experience with Student Management Software.
Application: Please ensure you have the following documentation in your application for this 3-year renewable leadership position
- Resume and cover letter, including two references who have supervised your school leadership;
- Proof of valid BC teaching certification;
- Copy of photo page on passport (to determine Chinese work permit eligibility).
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 pm January 18, 2023
Please direct all inquiries to:
Dr. Patrick Thalheimer
More about the Maple Leaf Schools:
- Maple Leaf Educational Systems (MLES) is the most extensive international school system in China, with campuses in over 28 cities around the country.
- With an infrastructure that originated over 26 years ago, Maple Leaf offers a high-quality international education to students from preschool to high school.
- We are accredited by Cognia (USA) and inspected and certified by the British Columbia (B. C.) Ministry of Education (Canada).
Life in China
There has never been a better time to teach in China. Whether you’re looking for spectacular natural beauty, global mega-cities, a rich history or culture of modern innovation, there is a China to suit everyone. So, an international adventure in a fascinating culture? Fulfilling and well-paid work? If these are on your professional check-list, now might just be the perfect time for you to teach in China.
Check out our video of Maple Leaf Schools in China: youtube.com/watch?v=q0ZKy_X3xBI&t=211s or visit our careers website at mapleleafschools.com to learn more.