- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date Aug 2022
- Salary Offer Negotiable USD Negotiable Month
- Grade Level Preschool, Primary
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address 300 Shunbai Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Employer: Beijing Enlighten School (website)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field *
- Master’s Degree
- Qualified Teacher Status or other recognized Teaching Credentials *
- Demonstrates successful teaching experiences with a wide range of learners *
- Home Leave Air Transportation Allowance (10,000RMB annually).
- Housing Allowance (10,000RMB/month).
The role of teachers in PYP is to provide learners with authentic learning engagements, differentiated learning experiences in a socially, emotionally, and physically safe environment. BES teachers consider themselves learning designers so that students are at the center of a learning journey. A life-long learning approach to living and educating is essential in being part of our school context.
- Undertakes teaching duties as stipulated in the contract of employment.
- Carry out other related duties and responsibilities that the Principal may reasonably request within the teacher’s contract’s limitations. This will include duty supervision, and one required ASA per week.
- Understands and adheres to the Teachers’ Essential Agreements
Teaching and Classroom Environment:
- Creates a positive, stimulating, academic, and risk-free environment in which students can thrive educationally and socially.
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere recognizing and encouraging the attributes of students and colleagues
- Creates a learning environment that recognizes the individual learning potential and needs of all students.
- Ensures that all students are aware of and follow behavioral agreements.Sees challenges as opportunities to grow and to create meaning in any learning context.
- Ensures that classrooms, furnishings, resources, and equipment are respected and valued by students.
Planning and Organization:
- Follows all prescribed teaching strategies and curriculum delivery in line with the school’s academic direction.
- Maintains all planning and record-keeping as requested by the school.
- Demonstrates a collaborative model for all planning requirements.
- Is familiar with Managebac, Seesaw, and Microsoft platforms.
- Attends all regular departmental or team meetings.
- Carries out teaching-related tasks as requested by the Administration.
- Prepares for and contributes to all Parent/Teacher events
- Participates in year-level or subject-based field trips as requested.
- Supports the school and its programs in a professional and collegial manner.
- Participates in any After School Activities stipulated in the teacher’s contract.
- Helps create a united and effective professional team by exhibiting punctuality, tact, confidentiality, reliability, enthusiasm, efficiency, transparency, and work ethic.
- Provides an excellent personal example to students regarding attitudes, dress, manners, and language.
- Advises and collaborates with colleagues in determining year-level and specialist programs.
- Contributes expertise to the development of educational programs.
- Develops teaching resources in response to changes in the curriculum and its assessment.
- Contributes subject expertise to the development of cross-curricular activities.
- Participates in co-planning and execution of other school programs outside of their homeroom
- Contributes to and participates in formal performance review and appraisal.
- Participates in professional development activities as and when requested by the Division Principals.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of subjects taught.
- Maintains a high-level of technology proficiency as determined and supported by the school.
- Sets assignments following the homework policy
- Maintains appropriate assessment records
- Analyze assessment information to improve student teaching and learning
- Initiates and maintains close communication with parents regarding the social and academic progress of the students
- Conducts regular assessment of student work in a diagnostic, formative, and summative manner according to schools Assessment Policy
Interactions with students:
- Builds and solidifies strong interpersonal rapport with students
- Provides the necessary pastoral care and support for all students
- Carries out pastoral duties as stipulated by the divisional Principal
- Takes a collaborative approach to issues requiring sensitivity.
- Provides the framework for students being able to work in a risk-free environment.
- Is proactive with issues related to student behavior
- Maintains a positive approach to aspects of behavior management.
- Ensuring the health, welfare, and safety of students is paramount.
- Involves other colleagues with incidents of student’s poor behavior or choices.
Undertakes school supervision duties in a professional manner providing a duty of care over all students.
- Completes registers, forms, and records according to specified deadlines
- Takes and monitors student attendance.
- Plays a full part in ensuring that students pay attention to official communications from the school.
- Ensures that students respect and follow uniform regulations.
- Participates in all professional meetings
- Is thoroughly professional in all areas of the school’s operations.
Contributes to the school’s Activities Program
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in teaching within the IB framework
- Integrates educational technology to enrich students’ learning
- Demonstrates knowledge of innovative educational theory and best practices
- Displays knowledge of child development and the ability to apply knowledge to the
Selection and application of curriculum materials and instructional practices:
- Works effectively with students, parents, teachers
- Possesses strong organizational and planning skills
Personal & Professional Attributes:
- Maintains a supportive, positive, and professional demeanour
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues
- Models organizational values and beliefs
- Demonstrates the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality
- Adapts instructional practices to align with evolving students’ needs
- Performs duties effectively and efficiently to support and contribute to high student achievement and engagement
* = required
Submit your CV and Cover Letter through CTJ online application or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org