- Grade Level Primary
- Address Kunshan, Suzhou, China
PYP Homeroom Teacher
The role of the CISK Classroom Teacher is essentially to build and maintain a successful Primary Years Programme (PYP) within the school by providing an educational atmosphere conducive to learning and developing through the process of inquiry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, prepare and deliver high quality lessons to suit the individual needs of all students in line with the CISK curriculum framework: Ontario Standards / PYP units of inquiry
- Inspire mixed culture and ability classes, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities for all students
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide targets so that all learners can see success and improve
- Collaborate with other teachers to share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge
- Communicate accurately and regularly with parents
- Respond to student’s emotional and social needs; liaise with school counselors and external professionals (e.g. educational psychologists, education professionals, social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists, etc.) if needed.
- Liaise with the Head of Early Years/ Head of Elementary/PYP Coordinator to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to specified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom.
- Contribute to the ‘Clubs’: Co Curricular/Extra Curricular porgramme, and participate in school activities such as: assemblies, evening/weekend events, conferences, professional development engagements
- Maintain constant awareness of the needs of any children to whom English is another language
- Develop key relationships with students, teachers, co-teachers, parents and leadership.