- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date Aug 2022
- Salary Offer USD 5,000 – 9,000/month before tax USD USD 5,000 – 9,000/month before tax Month
- Grade Level Primary, Middle
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address 15 Huosha Road, Houshayu Town, Shunyi District, Beijing
PYP Coordinator Responsibility in General:
To assist the Primary Principal in ensuring that the PYP programme is effectively carried out resulting in positive learning outcomes that fulfills the school’s requirements. The PYP Coordinator is a person who strives to be a role-model for other teachers, striving to demonstrate the school values and IB learner profile and inspiring others to do the same. The PYP Coordinator supervises the instructional programs conducted by international teachers at the elementary school. He/she is the direct reporting officer for International Teachers (including Homeroom and Specialist Teachers). As such, the PYP Coordinator must ensure that the team of international teachers work cohesively and contributes proactively to the overall growth of the school. As a member of the primary school’s management team, he/she contributes to the overall operation and administrative efficiency of the school.
- Reports to: Principal of Primary School
- Location Beijing, China
- Start Date: 1st Aug 2022
- Contract Length: 1 year at least
- Number of Vacancies: 1
Other duties include:
- Substituting for teachers who are absent
- Conduct trainings and workshops for teachers to sharpen their skills and increase their professional capacity.
- Conduct lesson observations of teachers and provide feedback and guidance to help teachers develop professionally.
- Provide the necessary leadership to raise the English language standards of the school community
- Facilitate collaborative Lesson Planning meetings
- Be well-versed in IB documentations and ensure that teachers are properly trained at different stages of their career.
- Oversee the successful implementation of the annual G5 PYP exhibition
- Review the English Language materials and propose changes when necessary
- Design the assessment procedures and vet test papers to ensure they meet the school’s requirements
- Monitor the lesson planning process via Manage-bac
- Check students’ work submitted by teachers and provide feedback
- Collect and analyze students’ performance data and provide feedback and suggestions to the management and teachers
- Work with the other relevant departments to facilitate the integration and implementation of new technology for education
- Staff performance appraisal
- Work out teachers’ monthly performance score
- Staff deployment planning
- Contingency planning
- Interviewing potential teacher candidates
- Conduct learning needs analysis to
- Welcome and induct new international teachers into the school
Administration and Operations
- Ensuring that relevant PYP and Staff documentations are kept properly, updated and ready for inspection by the government, school management or IBO.
- Assist in Coordination of Substitute Teaching Schedule
- Planning the school’s English language-based programs
- In-charge of the Intensive English Program
- Supervise projects assigned by the school
- Assist in making the school’s Operation Manual in English.
- Prepare and monitor the budget and expenses of the PYP instructional programs
- Be involved in student and/or staff recruitment
- Manage students’ behavior and provide counselling when necessary
- Speak to parents during Parents’ Conference
- Chair or co-chair project teams as assigned by the school
- Assist in the admission process of new student in terms of interviewing and selection
- Other tasks as assigned by the principal.
- Monthly Salary: USD 5000 – 9000 before tax
- Weekends off, Full paid summer/winter/Christmas/Spring holiday and national government holidays, around 3 months’ full paid holidays
- 10000 RMB Flight reimbursement
- Health insurance and Legal work visa provided with resident permit
- On-going academic development
- Free education for international teachers’ dependents
Please submit a personalized cover letter and CV through CTJ online application or email them to [email protected].