- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date Aug. 2022
- Salary Offer Negotiable USD Negotiable Month
- Grade Level Preschool, Primary, Middle, High
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address 80 Gongyuan Road Shekou, Shenzhen, China
At SAIS we promote growth for all. We are focused on providing a world class education where students and educators can develop and thrive. Through projects, collaboration, active learning, innovation, and a strong sense of community our students and staff will make positive and lasting changes in the world around them.
We are looking for a counselor that is comfortable working with students from pre-kindergarten to high school. The counselor would be working with teachers, students, and parents to address social and emotional needs so that students can focus on academics. The counselor would also be assisting students in making academic and career plans. He/she will work with students to identify and overcome barriers to success. The counselor will also collaborate with the administration and teachers to educate students about drug abuse, bullying or other significant issues.
The counselor will work closely with high school students to mentor them through the process of future pursuits including, but not limited to, college, university, and careers.
The main responsibilities of the counselor are as follows:
1. Collaborating with the administrative team and teachers to serve the needs of the students.
2. Meeting with students who are struggling academically, emotionally, and/or socially. If appropriate, formulating a plan of action for success involving the teacher, student, and the parent.
3. Planning and/or promoting programs which enhance the academic, social or emotional growth of students, e.g., internships, curriculum fair, career fair, graduation, opportunities for student enrichment and/or remediation, scholarship opportunities and parent informational programs.
4. Meeting with seniors once each quarter and communicating updates on their graduation status to their parents.
5. Working with students who have discipline, attendance and academic problems and are referred by teachers, parents or administrators.
6. Insuring that students are aware of requirements for graduation and college admission.
7. Guiding each student to choose courses consistent with his/her interests, abilities and career plans. Providing aptitude assessments.
8. Helping students develop post-secondary educational plans in accordance with their interests, abilities and career plans.
9. Assisting students with the completion of college admissions applications.
10. Helping students develop tactical skills—those related to applying for jobs, interviewing for positions and writing resumes—critical to their success following graduation.
11. Organizing and promoting standardized assessment opportunities and interpreting test results to students and/or parents on request.
12. Assuring that appropriate, accurate information is maintained in each student’s permanent, cumulative record.
13. Making necessary schedule changes for individual students that are both appropriate for their abilities and aligned with their educational and career plans.
Salary and Benefit:
- Medical: Great China Health Insurance
Please submit your CV through CTJ online application (your application will be sent to the school’s HR department by email) or via Schrole Portal.