- Grade Level High
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Address 1 Kangli Dadao, Wujiang, Suzhou, China
|click to view||click to view|
- British Columbia Professional Certified Teacher
- Familiar with British Columbia Curriculum
- Minimum of two years teaching experience. (or Masters)
- Passionate about teaching
If you do not have a British Columbia Teaching certificate, please go to the official website of British Columbia – Teaching Certificate Application Selection Tool and check your eligibility using the tool provided there.
Our teachers enjoy the generous benefits that Sino Canada brings in terms of work/life balance, and our compensation/benefits package. The list below highlights the differences between our contract, and other BC Offshore School contracts:
- A Calendar with generous holidays (Christmas, Chinese New Year, Summer, and other shorter holidays in October and May = 15 weeks in total).
- Travel Allowance – 10000 rmb/year for travel anywhere.
- Paid International Medical coverage.
- Living allowance
- Free meals at school – 600 rmb/mo.
- Technology budget available – 3000 rmb.
- Professional development budget available to each teacher — 1000 rmb/year.
- Free weekly bus to and from all major cities near the school (Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Wuxi, Changzhou).
- Great facilities on site: Swimming pool, horseback riding, free school workout facilities.
- Free Tuition for teacher’s children – 1st Child 100% 2nd child 50%
- Rents are typically around 2000 to 2500 RMB per month and the school is near a smaller community with all necessary amenities that include Starbucks, Tesco and many great restaurants
- Prepare course overviews as required by the BC Ministry of Education
- Deliver instruction on topics :
- DNA is the basis for the diversity of living things
- Energy change is required as atoms rearrange in a chemical process:
- Energy is conserved and its transformation can affect living things and the environment
- The formation of the universe can be explained by the big bang theory
- Keep records of grades, grade papers, and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Create projects designed to enhance learning experiences
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in business.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Work with administrators to ensure course requirements are being met.