- Address Qingdao China
Responsible for leading teachers, students and parents in all the programs, activities and subjects at the School; and creating a positive, caring learning environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advocates for the School’s vision and values in all school activities.
- Provides spiritual leadership, coordinates assemblies and prayer meetings as assigned, and counsels staff as appropriate.
- Acts as an integral part of the School Leadership team, providing support and ongoing leadership of different events when needed.
- Is an instructional leader, having an up to date knowledge of instructional techniques and curriculum.
- Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring for teachers/assistants as part of their professional development.
- Builds good communication and interaction with parents.
- Administers all programs in accordance with policies and procedures adopted by the Board and administration of the school.
- Plans activities and events throughout the year which support the goals of the school and iSC.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of instruction of individual teachers/assistants by conducting formal and informal observations and provide timely, specific feedback
- Utilizes feedback from students, staff, families, and community in the evaluation of instructional programs and school practices.
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Is university graduate, preferably with a degree in education; also, either 3 years of teaching experience or pursuing a master’s in education administration.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with foreign and national staff with sensitivity to unique and multicultural perspectives and thoughts.
- Demonstrates ability to lead, but not necessarily in an administration role.
- Possesses a passion for education and a desire to inspire students.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains a professional, positive attitude with staff, students and parents.
International Schools Consortium (iSC) is a nonprofit organization that, since 1986, has offered excellent academic programs to meet the intellectual, physical, and emotional needs of students. iSC has six schools in China, one school in the UAE, and helps to support various other educational initiatives globally.
iSC is a multi-school program, enabling students and teachers to participate in system-wide programs where they can interact with others outside of their immediate school. Students compete in basketball, volleyball and soccer tournaments, as well as music and choral festivals, and Model United Nations (MUN) conventions.