- Address China
Closing date of applications
31 March 2023
1 August 2023
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2026
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Several Curricula (see description)
Fixed / Renewable
3 or more years experience
Core member of the school council, participating in the formulation, decision-making, and implementation of major decisions of the school.
- Under the leadership of Head of School, responsible for secondary school’s academic management and operation management.
- Organizing and implementing on building the organizational structure, staffing, post responsibilities, operation norms and processes of secondary school.
- Establishing rules and regulations of the secondary school.
- Organizing the formulation and implementation of development project and work plan of secondary school.
- Responsible for faculty and staff management, team building, reasonable internal organization, personnel appointment, deployment, assessment, rewards, and punishments, etc.
- Training and managing Chinese and expats teachers and promoting the continuous improvement of teaching quality.
- Cooperating with International counterpart departments and other departments to ensure the comprehensive, high quality and high standard integration of Chinese and Western courses.
- Establishing effective communication and linkage mechanism with school service center, student affairs office and parents’ committee to ensure students’ health, safety and happiness.
- Establishing the academic exchange mechanism with Academics Projects Coordinator and/or Head of Subject Group and strictly controlling the curriculum setting as well as academic quality.
- Responsible for the daily management of the secondary school, including recruitment, management and evaluation of teachers, teaching evaluation and research, and all-round ability development of students in areas such as morals, intelligence, physical fitness, work and aesthetics, to ensure the full implementation of teaching plans and to create a positive international campus culture.
- Support and coordinate external liaison, intercollegiate communication, and logistics management of the secondary school.
- In partnership with the Head of School, make the budget formulation of the secondary school, resolutely implementing the school’s budget plan, and carefully reviewing the costs.
- Support and coordinate to maintain good relationships inside and outside the school, and properly dealing with multiple relationships among the school, parents, students, peers, and local education authorities.
- Cooperating with the admission and marketing department of the school, to support the new student applications and promote the school brand and market expansion.
- Firmly implementing major decisions of School Council and other tasks as may be assigned by the Head of School.
- More than 10 years working experience in education industry, more than 5 years related position management experience, familiar with DP and A-level or AP projects is preferred.
- Familiar with the relevant laws and regulations of international education, understanding the development trend of international education, and equipped with an international perspective.
- Familiar with domestic and foreign curriculum systems, with advanced education and teaching concept and capability of teaching research.
- Passion for education, identifying with culture and school philosophy of ISA International Education, and have a strong ability of execution and resisting pressure.
- Equipped with good capability of organization, management, innovation, and expansion.
- Respect and understand multiculturalis
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
- Courage to introduce and manage change and innovation.
- Ability to show good cultural understanding and differentiation between students from various backgrounds.
- Ability to absorb information, analyze data and present overall picture and trends.
- Flexible, inclusive, and pragmatic management style.
- Clear strategic thinking; High level interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Articulate and a strong communicator.
- Confident in meeting and communicating with others.
- Possess good organizational skills, manage time efficiently and be able to meet deadlines.
- High proficiency in English.
Interested candidates please go to “APPLY FOR THIS JOB“.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes