- Address China
Contract Term: 3 Years
Anfield is an independent Catholic, International School, comprising of a Primary School and 2 large Kindergartens, whose curriculum is underpinned by the Early Years Foundation Stage, followed by the English National Curriculum. Students aged from 2 to 11 years are provided with a high quality and globally-minded education. Anfield enjoys an enviable reputation as a thriving, dynamic, happy, caring and supportive environment with a strong family atmosphere.
Our new SEN primary school (St. Bosco Koon Ying School) is due to open in August 2022, and therefore we are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader for August 2022. This person will build on the successes of our existing schools, supporting the opening of, and developing, the SEN school to becoming outstanding in all areas. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new provision that will change SEN children’s lives for the better. The post will be on a three-year renewable contract basis and the starting date for this position is August 2022.
Opportunity (August 2022)
SEN Head of School
As SEN Head of School you will be:
- a well-qualified and experienced SEN educator
- passionate about learning and teaching, internationally minded, setting high expectations for every SEN student and every teacher
- an outstanding SEN classroom practitioner with skills and a thorough knowledge of EYFS and the English National Curriculum
- able to nurture and further develop the school’s academic, pastoral, social and cultural achievements
- committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- experienced at Senior Management Level with strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, resulting in continuing school improvement
- responsive to the wider school community
- willing to support our Catholic ethos
With an excellent pupil: teacher ratio, a happy atmosphere and dedicated and enthusiastic teaching staff, this is a wonderful opportunity for a talented Head of School to make his/her personal mark.
Hong Kong is a vibrant and exciting city in which to live and work.
Prospective candidates must have a proven track record as a senior leader in a SEN school, a degree, a professional teaching qualification, fluency in English and a desire to contribute in a challenging but rewarding environment.
Prospective candidates are invited to view our website at www.anfield.edu.hk where further details and our official application form should be completed and submitted together with an accompanying letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only official Anfield application forms will be considered.
(Please state the position for which you are applying in the email subject box)
Closing Date: 12th May 2022
Interviews in Hong Kong and/or by video conference during April and May 2022
Anfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to the post is subject to an enhanced CRB check in UK or the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) in Hong Kong.
Anfield School (Primary Section)
No. 1 Lung Pak Street, Tai Wai, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
Anfield International Kindergarten (Early Years Section)
5 Cumberland Road, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Laguna Verde, 8 Laguna Verde Avenue, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong