Teacher of Senior School Science
Director of Science and Technology
We are looking for a passionate, creative, innovative, flexible and considerate person
to teach within the ever-expanding provision of Science at Wellington College
International Shanghai. You will be a highly skilled classroom teacher who inspires pupils
of different ages to achieve their best within this exciting and well supported area of
Experience of successfully following and developing a curriculum is a necessity.
Experience of teaching Biology, Chemistry and Physics (GCSE / IGCSE) is essential
and one of these at A-Level or IB HL is strongly desirable. In addition to the main
teaching and management responsibilities, a proven ability to deliver co-curricular
aspects of science through a co-curricular program is a requirement.
CARE AND WELLBEING OF CHILDREN
Ensure each child has a sense of belonging within the within the atelier.
Maintain the highest standards of care, child protection and safeguarding at all times by
upholding the 3Ps: Protection, Provision and Participation as outlined in UN Convention
on the Rights of the Child.
Understand the importance of building authentic relationships with families, knowing such
understandings can lead to greater learning outcomes for children.
Communicate with families and the wider community about the atelier and the arts
program, including presentations, workshops, through online platforms and parent
• Model and promote Wellington Values: kindness, courage, integrity, respect and
responsibility in the aim of enabling the Wellington Identity: inspired, intellectual,
independent, individual, inclusive
• Commit to regularly collaborating with the early childhood team to understand
and extend children’s theories, thoughts, ideas and questions.
• Have a willingness to learn about pedagogical practices that may be unfamiliar.
• Attend all team meetings and committees as necessary and take on
portfolio responsibilities within the team. Adhere to all procedures
and policies as outlined in the Staff Handbook.
• Commitment to lifelong learning. Ability to embrace change.
• Strong passion for the education of young children
• Confident in Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) and database systems. Ability
to work to tight timelines.
• Personal integrity, accountability and credibility.
• Strong mind-set for continuous improvement to meet or exceed expectations.
Please submit CV and cover letter, together with an application form (available to
download from www.wellingtoncollege.cn/careers) in English and email to
Please note that any application with missing materials will not be considered.
Wellington College International Shanghai is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare
of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be
subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal
background checks, qualifications checks and employment checks to include an exploration
of any gaps in employment.