- Address 8 Kehua Road, Shenzhen, China
Position: Social Media Manager
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: ASAP
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues London. Think of Avenues as one independent school with many campuses around the globe that are interdependent and intentionally connected. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common mission, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York.
Avenues New York opened in 2012 and currently serves over 1800 students in grades nursery – 12. Our second campus, in São Paulo, opened in August 2018. Our third campus, Avenues Online, educates students in the most advanced remote learning platform available, with students from Russia, Switzerland, Costa Rica, America and Nigeria. Our fourth campus, Avenues Shenzhen opened in the fall of 2019. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the modern world, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The Social Media Manager plays an important role in raising brand awareness and considerations for Avenues. As the Social Media Manager he or she will be responsible for managing and delivering all social media activities and respective channels and be directly accountable to results. The role reports to the Director of Content & Events/Marketing and will help to set up and evolve Avenues digital ecosystem across digital and social.
- In partnership with the Director of Content & Events / Marketing develop and recommend social media objectives and strategy
- Implement the strategy, managing social agencies
- Define the scope of the works
- Hold the agency accountable for deliverables , redirecting when necessary
- Manage social media platform and other paid media channels
- Ensure accounts are updated and responded to on a daily basis and that messaging is timely and relevant.
- Work with agencies to develop engaging dialogue and monitor issues
- Current platform includes but is not limited to Wechat, Video Channel, Weibo, Redbook, Ximalaya (Audio) SEM/SEO
- Develop and execute media buy placement plan
- Develop impactful social campaign with engaging content and precise TA targeting to improve both brand awareness and brand equity
- Maintain high exposure (understand what is happening internally on campus and externally sense social opportunities which could be leveraged) and quickly act to drive engagement
- Source, identify and build sustainable partnership with paid social platforms, KOL and brand advocates in a holistic social management.
- Track and monitor the effectiveness and success of online initiatives.
- Work with social agencies to provide reports on what worked and what didn’t work as well as actions to be taken to optimize the online customer journey.
- Monitor trends and adopt new social media tools if proper
- Identify and report on social media trends as well as market research to ensure that Avenues is ahead of the competition, reaching the maximum number of qualified parents.
- Social media budget control
- Track the social media campaign budget allocated to achieve objective/ result and ensure best ROI.
- PR and CRM on Digital Media
- Act as the point of contact for social media when requested and needed by internal functions such as PR, event, CRM etc. and deliver integrated marketing campaigns and best results.
- At least 3 years of experience with Chinese social platforms, search engines, content and distribution strategies with a proven track record of success.
- The ability to plan effectively, highly organized to move complex projects forward on schedule, meet goals and keep multiple people aligned and on track along the way.
- The ability to draw insights from data analysis to demonstrate an effective approach to digital planning to meet unmet needs
- Energized by Avenues’ mission and opportunity for impact in education
- Thrived in a start-up environment. A proactive, passionate approach to planning with a result oriented mindset. A problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than taking predetermined paths to success
- Evidence of effective cross-cultural and cross-functional collaboration
- Fluent in English and Chinese
Learn more and apply at https://shenzhen.avenues.org. Include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.