- Address 8 Kehua Road, Shenzhen, China
Position: Speech Teraphy (Fonoaudiologia) Intern – SP Primary Division
Location: São Paulo
Start Date: August, 2022
Begin by thinking about Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues London. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn’t a buzzword: it’s woven into everything we do. At Avenues, no one teaches on an island. Substantial time to collaborate is embedded into the schedule. Teacher teams, across multiple disciplines, design learning experiences together for a whole grade level. This intensity of collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we’re always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Avenues Intern Program (A.I.P) is a two-year on-site teacher preparation program that offers early career professionals the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a Primary Division language immersion setting for them to follow a path in any school setting. Interns collaborate closely with grade-level colleagues in all aspects of classroom life and work directly with the Student Success Team. In addition to their field work, interns will participate in bi-weekly meetings where they explore issues essential to primary education and discuss how these issues are playing out in our classrooms. These meetings also offer interns the opportunity to share and reflect upon their experiences, thereby gaining new perspectives. In your role, you will:
- Support the PD- SST team to develop actions to promote speech, language and hearing development in the early years;
- Support the PD- SST team to work in screenings and actions to prevent problems with speech, language and literacy development;
- Support the day-to-day functioning of the SST PD team;
- Collaborate closely with SST team and a team of teachers responsible for classes of students;
- Participate actively in ongoing professional learning.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Desire to learn early childhood and elementary foundations and best practices in an immersion setting
- Desire to learn the role of a speech language and hearing therapist (fonoaudiólogo) in a school setting
- Deep dedication to learning
- Superb ability to collaborate with colleagues to achieve goals
- Currently studying toward a teaching degree in a Brazilian university, in Fonoaudiologia
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers).
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.