Primarily Head of Aquatics, Director of Sport, Head of PE
Wellington College International Shanghai has a large swimming programme covering PE curriculum, recreational swimming classes and a competitive swim programme. The swim coaches are part of the PE/sport team and will teach across both areas. On occasion weekend and longer residentials (flexibility to work in the evenings and Saturday mornings) as either a chaperone or coach. Candidates should have the ability to teach/coach pupils aged 10 + (specialising in teaching secondary school pupils and experienced at coaching higher age groups to a competitive degree). Candidates should have the ability to maintain facilities and report health and safety issues immediately using effective communication skills.
Works to a timetable and schedule as set by the school to include:
• Timetabled lessons throughout the school day
• Evening and weekend sessions as scheduled by Head of Aquatics
• Potential early morning sessions
• Accurate records of pupil’s swim levels and achievements during competition
• Talent spotting
• Other duties determined by school or department management.
• Experience in Hytech software (meet manager/Team manager)
• Two years’ experience within an English speaking international school
• Knowledge of lifesaving methods and procedures, including first aid and standard resuscitation measures.
• Skilled in the application of lifesaving techniques.
• Skilled in swimming
• Ability to perform rescue actions, administer first aid and CPR.
• Ability to speak English to an basic level.
• Must possess current Lifeguard Training and/or Community First Aid qualifications and Professional Rescuer Cardiopulmonary (CPR) certificate upon employment or willing to undergo.
• Is responsible for keeping updated with all qualifications relevant to this position.
• Has a child centred approach to teaching and is excellent with children
• Willingness to progress in career & company.