- Address China
We are looking for a passionate and creative teacher of Drama to join the team at Wellington College International, who will inspire our pupils, extend the curriculum, and contribute to the growth of the Arts within the School.
The candidates must have an extensive background in teaching drama and the proven ability to delivery academic drama in (i)GCSE and IB (or A level). In addition to the main teaching responsibilities, the proven ability to deliver and lead Co-Curricular Drama activities and develop productions and performances is essential.
The Drama teacher will have the responsibility for the planning and teaching of the subject to the designated classes, under the guidance of the Head of Drama. They will ensure that the subject is delivered in a way that provides inspiration and passion whilst supporting progression and continuity. The teacher will also be required to carry out other such duties the Master may reasonably direct from time to time. They are expected to display the highest standards of professionalism in their teaching and in their relationships with colleagues and parents.
The teacher must ensure that a good learning environment is provided for the teaching of Dance & Drama, and that the pupils develop a positive attitude towards the subject. The teacher must present lessons in a creative and well-planned manner with due regard to the ability of the pupils and the curriculum targets of the particular year group.
The teacher will also be expected to contribute to the pastoral life of the school as a house tutor.
• DIRECTED TIME: To ensure attendance in College between stipulated hours and to attend all meetings/functions deemed to be directed time.
• PUNCTUALITY: To set high standards with regard to punctuality and to insist on the same from the pupils. To encourage good time-keeping amongst the pupils, monitor lateness within the class and provide remedies, both individual and general, to rectify its occurrence.
• COLLEGE RULES: To apply consistently and diligently the rules of the College in order to maintain discipline, standards of dress and to safeguard the happiness, safety and well-being of all pupils. To ensure that pupils know, understand and follow the College rules.
• STANDARDS: To maintain, with the rest of the teaching staff, high standards of conduct both in and out of the classroom. To act always in a way that conforms to the College’s ethos and values, and is in the best interests of the pupils.
• SAFETY: To emphasise the importance of safety and of safe methods of working in the classroom, and indeed in all areas of the College and the curriculum. To communicate to the pupils that they must take a responsible attitude to equipment and materials with which they have been provided.
• DRESS: To maintain smart and professional standards of appearance.
• MONITORING: To monitor and evaluate constantly the effectiveness of your own teaching,
to complete the online application.