- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date Aug 2022 USD Month
- Grade Level High
- Address 1 Kangli Dadao, Wujiang, Suzhou, China
|click to view||click to view|
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Library Science
- Preference will be given to teachers who are currently in China
- British Columbia Professional Certified Teacher
- Familiar with British Columbia Curriculum
- Familiar with Electronic Library systems
- Minimum of two years teaching experience. (or Masters Degree)
- Passionate about teaching
Our teachers also enjoy the generous benefits that Sino Canada brings in terms of work/life balance, and our compensation/benefits package. The list below highlights the differences between our contract, and other BC Offshore School contracts:
- A Calendar with generous holidays (Christmas, Chinese New Year, Summer, and other shorter holidays in October and May = 15 weeks in total).
- Travel Allowance – 10000 rmb/year for travel anywhere.
- Paid International Medical coverage.
- Re-allocation Allowance
- Free meals at school – 600 rmb/mo.
- Technology budget available – 3000 rmb.
- Professional development budget available to each teacher — 1000 rmb/year.
- Free weekly bus to and from all major cities near the school (Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou,Wuxi, Changzhou).
- Great facilities on site: Swimming pool, horseback riding free school workout facilities.
- Free Tuition for teacher’s children – 1st Child 100% 2nd child 50%
- Rents are typically around 2000 to 2500 RMB per month
- The school is near a smaller community with allnecessary amenities that include Starbucks, Tesco and many great restaurants
A Teacher-Librarian collaborates with all school staff and:
- promotes the School Library Resource Centre Program as integral components in the development of lifelong learners;
- promotes the School Library as the literacy centre of the school; this includes the use of the internet as an integral part of research – with the choice of credible sites
- promotes the role of the School Library program in improving the student learning;
- uses the Co-operative Planning and Teaching Model to develop, implement and evaluate resource-based units;
- assists students and staff with the development of skills needed to enable the learner to locate, analyze, evaluate and apply information from a variety of media;including the internet
- develops and implements strategies which promote literature appreciation;
- develops and implements routines and procedures which ensure the effective operation of the School Library and the effective use of library resources and services;
- provides recommendations to the school principal regarding development and maintenance of the library collection and library budget;i
- plans and administers School Library budgets;
- develops and monitors the library collection by setting priorities and establishing procedures for the evaluation and selection of library resources;
- plans for the effective use of School Library clerical and technical staff.
- some of the time may be used as Teacher on Call where it is appropriate