- Qualification Bachelors USD Month
- Grade Level Primary, Middle, High
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture, Science & Engineering, Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Physical & Health Science
- Address Merchiston International School, Shenzhen, China
This is an exciting opportunity for a Juniors Class Teacher to further their career at an innovative British curriculum co-educational international boarding school.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who meet the following requirements:
- A qualified teacher with a UK PGCE or other globally recognised teaching qualification (such as QTS).
- A minimum of 2 years’ qualified full-time teaching experience.
- A reflective practitioner, with a positive, resilient personality and problem-solving skill-set.
- Recent and consistent experience of Co-Curricular Activities
We welcome applicants with experience of working within boarding schools or applicants with a keen interest to participate, live and work within a boarding community. We appreciate that all applicants may not have such experience at present but we welcome applicants with the right approach to a unique part of the MIS experience.
The position will commence in August 2022, and the initial contract will be for a period of two years. Preference is given to candidates already in Mainland China.
Merchiston International School (MIS)
MIS is a British Boarding School located in Longhua District, Shenzhen, South of China. We are a thriving community that challenges all staff to push boundaries with their teaching and to be progressive in their own professional learning.
We offer an innovative British independent school curriculum for international students aged 4 – 18, starting in EYFS and culminating in IGCSE and A-level. The campus, imbued with the ethos of its founding school, Merchiston Castle School Edinburgh, is designed to create an innovative learning space in which an effective 21st-century education can flourish and inspire.
All MIS teachers are expected to participate fully in the school’s life beyond the classroom by contributing to the Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) programme and boarding house life.
If you are interested in joining us, to teach inquisitive and talented children, in a community that seeks to provide professional development opportunities, then please apply…we want to hear from you!
- Teacher of Mathematics – Aug 2023
- Teacher of Biology – Aug 2023