University Guidance Counsellor and Economics Teacher
The University Guidance Counsellor will bridge the gap in understanding and practice
between our students, their families and overseas universities. S/he will provide bespoke
four-year programmes in support of students, ensuring their academic and college
readiness for international institutions. S/he will work with the pupils so that they are well
prepared to overcome the challenges facing them as they leave China and enter higher
education overseas. This role will also cover the Economics teaching for Senior school.
• Meet the family on entering the college to determine their expectations and
• Regularly lead interactive college prep workshops for families.
• Plan for standardized tests, extra-curricular activities and academic and career
• Set up group and individual tutorials to support college and university knowledge
• Provide application guidance to ensure excellence in the educational provision and
success in the enrolment of colleges and universities.
• Teaching the subject of Economics to Senior school pupils
• Provide a complete and professional system for application consultation, including 3-year
development plan, career planning and University application.
• Assist students with applications mainly for universities in the British and United States
and other countries, make sure the students gain a high-quality counselling service.
• Build up a standard system for the application guidance (the standardization of core
application materials, plans for graduation system and English standard tests).
Overseas’ university coordinator
• Contact with Universities in different ways and organize their visits to our school.
• Teach students how to raise questions, contact with AOs and create a good impression
of Wellington and themselves to AOs.
• During the application season, provide supplementary materials and other related
follow-up issues for the applicants.
• Update the latest information for overseas’ universities, application data and major
Enrichment to support the application
• Arrange students to take part in different extracurricular competitions and activities e.g.
debating contest and MUN.
• Provide opportunities for overseas study tours and social activities.
• Be a communication bridge between the school and parents.
• Organize application guidance seminar regularly for parents and answer related
questions from the parents.
• Set up and maintain a database to track the university destinations of alumni.
• Teach the subject of Economics
• All the responsibilities listed on Teacher’s Job description.
• Bachelor of Education or above
• Proficient in both oral and written English
• At least 5 years of relevant university counselling experience
• 5 years within the educational system
• Experience of successful University applications
• Experience of leading multiple education projects
• Strong knowledge of education industry preferred
• Creative and problem solving
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proven ability to communicate
effectively with different types of people and in cross-culture environment
• Strong passion for the education and development of students
• Strong track record of solving complex problems, strategic thinking and delivering
significant impact as a leader.
• Proven ability to work with data and develop recommendations for action based
on the analysis.
• Personal Integrity, accountability and credibility
• Strong mindset for continuous improvement to meet or exceed expectations.To apply for this position, please complete the online application form (in English). You will
also be asked to attach your CV and cover letter, so we recommend having those ready in
Word of pdf format. Please note that any application with missing materials will not be
Huili School Nantong is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to enhanced pre
employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualifications checks
and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment.