- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date Aug 1, 2022
- Salary Offer Competitive package USD Competitive package Month
- Grade Level Primary
- Discipline Physical & Health Science
- Address China, Guangdong Province, 深圳市南山区
Position: Wellness and Movement (WAM) Teacher, Grades 1-5
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: August 2022
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
Avenues | The World School prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Shenzhen opened in August 2018, our first campus in China. Avenues Shenzhen provides a unique early childhood program, and is now expanding to serve students in all grades from grades from toddler through 12. Avenues Shenzhen furthers Avenues’ longstanding commitment to developing multiple campuses in China, providing a transformative, world-focused education.
Avenues students will graduate fluent in a second language and at ease beyond their borders. To this end, children in Avenues Shenzhen alternate between learning in English and in Mandarin Chinese.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Physical health, developing motor skills and movement are essential to healthy early childhood development. Wellness and Movement teachers work closely with class teachers and other specialists (like library and art teachers) to design interdisciplinary learning experiences. You will also:
- Develop and teach an inquiry-based physical education curriculum that engages all students
- Ensure that all students achieve key learning outcomes, targeting instruction to address individual needs
- Build a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to value being at school and feel part of a rigorous but joyful learning community
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to continually improve student learning and school culture
- Deeply connect with students and vigorously uphold a culture of welcome, safety and respect
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
WHAT YOU BRING
- 2+ years of Physical Education teaching experience
- Strong physical education content knowledge
- Profound commitment to ensuring and nurturing children’s wellbeing both physically and mentally
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Dedication to learning and developing the craft of teaching
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in education or related field is ideal
- Native-level proficiency in English
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple global campuses, including a well-defined career pathway
- The thrill of a start-up, where everyone helps to build and improve, within an organization with global reach, ample resources and proven results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A beautiful, uplifting, student-centric school environment
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
Apply through CTJ online application. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.
* Please mention ChinaTeachJobs.com when submitting your application.