- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date Aug 1, 2022
- Salary Offer Competitive package USD Competitive package Month
- Grade Level Middle
- Discipline Physical & Health Science
- Address China, Guangdong Province, 深圳市南山区
Position: Wellness and Movement (WAM) Teacher, Grades 6-9
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: August 2022
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
Avenues | The World School prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Shenzhen opened in August 2018, our first campus in China. Avenues Shenzhen provides a unique early childhood program, and is now expanding to serve students in all grades from grades from toddler through 12. Avenues Shenzhen furthers Avenues’ longstanding commitment to developing multiple campuses in China, providing a transformative, world-focused education.
Avenues students will graduate fluent in a second language and at ease beyond their borders. To this end, children in Avenues Shenzhen alternate between learning in English and in Mandarin Chinese.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Avenues wellness and movement program focuses on supporting and developing students’ personal health and wellness as well as physical fitness. Teachers help students to develop movement literacy, motor skills development, and fitness and conditioning, by providing training in a wide and diverse array of sports, studio-based activities, and dance. Teachers also develop student literacy in social-emotional and personal health topics such as positive psychology, mindfulness, nutrition, sex and relationships, and social/emotional intelligence. In this role you will:
- Ensure that students achieve key learning outcomes, targeting instruction thoughtfully to address individual needs
- Build a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to feel part of a rigorous but joyful learning community
- Collaborate intensively with colleagues to continually deepen student learning
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
WHAT YOU’LL ACTUALLY DO
- Deliver a rotation of wellness and movement classes (including fitness and health) to groups of students ranging from grade 6 to grade 9
- Develop curriculum for individual and group learning of wellness and movement routines, skills, and knowledge alongside a team of other WAM teachers
- Participate in regular team discussions about the wellness and success of individual students
- Support and develop plans for the schedule for WAM classes, activities, and sports in shared spaces along with other faculty and teams
- Identify individual and group needs of students and work with the Deans and Student Success Team to support student growth and development for a variety of ages
- Develop an outcomes-driven student-centered learning environment in which all students receive regular coaching and feedback
- Interface with parents and community members to support student growth and help to develop their understanding of the Wellness and Movement program at Avenues
- Find new, innovative, and exciting ways to engage students in learning and challenge their ways of thinking
- Participate in the development of the athletics program
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience teaching physical education, social-emotional health, or other fitness or wellness-related activities to young adults
- Specific knowledge or experience in personal fitness, nutrition, dance, pilates, yoga, mindfulness, sports, aerobics, acrobatics, spinning, or other healthy-lifestyle activities
- Profound commitment to ensuring and nurturing children’s wellbeing both physically and mentally
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Dedication to learning and developing the craft of teaching
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in education or related field is ideal
- Native-level proficiency in English
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple global campuses, including a well-defined career pathway
- The thrill of a start-up, where everyone helps to build and improve, within an organization with global reach, ample resources and proven results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A beautiful, uplifting, student-centric school environment
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
Apply through CTJ online application. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.
* Please mention ChinaTeachJobs.com when submitting your application.