- Salary Offer CNY 30k-35k/month USD CNY 30k-35k/month Month
- Grade Level Middle
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address Guangzhou, China
Phoenix City International School (PCIS) was founded in 2003, and is one of the branch schools operated by Bright Scholar Education Group. The main campus is currently home to the International Primary School, the Bilingual Primary School, the Bilingual Middle School and the International Middle School. The main language of instruction is Chinese but all schools offer a comprehensive English Language Curriculum. PCIS aims to educate the whole child by building CHARACTER, enriching KNOWLEDGE, and providing opportunities to PRACTICE these skills. PCIS will provide opportunities to put both character and knowledge into practice thereby ensuring that students will be able to live a moral life and utilize what they have learned at school in real-life applications. Combining both character education and knowledge and putting them into practice will help students to achieve a higher level of success in school and beyond. During the past 19 years, The school not only become the first batch of ASIA Cambridge English Language School in china but also to be the candidate of the IB program.
The main campus also has a large sports field, a swimming pool, landscaped gardens, outside learning areas, a canteen, electric bike parks and accommodation for staff and some pupils. We are located about 15 minutes by metro (nearby our school the Baijiang Station or Xintang Station) or bus to downtown Guangzhou in the affluent suburb of Phoenix City. Please visit http://www.pcis.com.cn for further information about the school.
IB MYP Language Acquisition teacher (For Students: 12-15 years old)
Ideal candidates will have experience of teaching English Language Acquisition within an MYP framework.
PCIS MYP aims to cultivate globally-minded, compassionate and responsible students, and prepare them for overseas study in English-speaking countries, while also recognizing, respecting and celebrating Chinese national and cultural identity.
A successful candidate will teach integrated and differentiated English courses to a range of language levels from grade 7, 8 and 9, as well as design, administer and mark internal assessments, give regular written feedback and be prepared to take on additional mentoring roles, as required by the MYP program.
- Be prepared and arrive on time for each class
- Conduct each class in a professional manner, in line with PCIS expectations
- Create classroom displays and display students’ work
- Mark, grade and give feedback on students’ assignments
- Document lesson plans and other evidence of inquiry-based teaching, upload these to the server
- Create and maintain a safe and peaceful learning environment for students
- Follow established learning objectives and suggest possible improvements
- Promote inquiry-based learning and critical thinking
- Attend meetings (grade meetings, department meetings etc) as required. Take minutes and lead meetings, as required
- Attend school-organized professional development workshops, both internal and external
- Share resources and ideas with peers
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work well within a team
- Professional work ethic
- Bachelors degree
- 2 years teaching experience
- TEFL/TESOL/PGCE certification
- Native English speaker
- Length of Contract:1 year
- Holiday Pay: For duration of contract period all school and government holidays will be paid at 100% of salary.
- Accommodation: Free housing provided
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner available free of charge during school term
- Social Insurance: Shall bear the corresponding expenses according to the proportion of Insurance Law in China
- Visa: Z visa organized and paid for by the school
- Work Location:Phoenix City, Zengcheng, Guangzhou