- Qualification Bachelors USD Month
- Grade Level Preschool, Primary, Middle, High
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture, Science & Engineering, Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Physical & Health Science
- Address 169 Qing Tong Lu, Pudong New Area, Shanghai, China
At SMIC, we look for qualified team members who fit well within our school culture and shared values in the following crucial characteristics:
Passion about bringing quality education to students that includes:
- love for education;
- consistently operating with a commitment to positivity, excitement and creative problem-solving;
- respect for working in a multicultural environment where multiple work styles are valued and celebrated; and
- being a caring contributor who brings enjoyment to the workplace.
Team spirit commitment that includes:
- a can-do attitude;
- respect for genuine joyful collaboration;
- dedication to positive and supportive interpersonal relationship skills;
- willingness to take initiative;
- desire for transparency;
- ability to take direction easily when needed; and
- willingness to make personal sacrifices for the greater school-wide good.
Strong work ethic values that include:
- high standards of quality;
- effective organizational skills;
- being self-directed;
- ability to multitask; and
- comfort with big picture concepts while being detail-oriented when implementing school plans.
Responsible outlook that includes:
- a sense of ownership and reliability in getting the job done correctly through to the end, and
- ability to work under pressure with deadlines yet also demonstrating flexibility with ease when needed.
Employment Age: Due to governmental work visa restrictions, employees at the time of hire cannot be 60 years of age or older.
Minimum Qualifications: Teachers must have a bachelor’s in teaching degree (or in a related subject area) and teaching license. Three years of full-time teaching experience in a regular school. Job descriptions list specific skills’ and requirements for each position.
Rewards & Benefits
For outbound faulty, we offer a combination of base salary, flight allowance, housing allowance or partially subsidized school apartment, comprehensive medical insurance, relocation and tuition benefit.
In our International elementary, teachers work with up to 25 students in each class. In the International middle/high school, academic classes are limited to a maximum number of 30 students.
7:35 am – 4:30 pm (M – Th)
7:35 – 3:30 pm (F)
7:45am – 4:30pm (M – F)
Job Positions Available
Grade 1 Homeroom Teacher
Grade 4 or 5 Math and Homeroom Teacher
PE Health Teacher
Middle / High School
Middle/High School Technology Teacher (Design, Graphics, Broadcast Journalism Focus)
Middle/High School Resource Teacher
Curriculum Integration Center
No position available
Data Management Specialist
PE and Athletics Assistant
Please fill out the application form and fill out the position(s) for which you are applying.