- Address Chongqing, China
We all remember the teachers who opened our minds, encouraged us to believe in ourselves, and helped shape our futures by inspiring us to turn talent and curiosity into achievement. If this describes you, then you are just the person we are looking for.
Lucton Chongqing is built upon our educational philosophy and our commitment to enable our students to make a difference in the world. As an equal opportunities employer, we value and care about our employees. We are committed to ensuring the safety and welfare of our pupils and it is an inherent part of the role of all our employees to embrace the same approach.
All the staff work closely and support each other to improve the students’ learning experience and help them get along well with each other, Meanwhile, the close collaboration between our staff also enhances both student and professional learning. If you wish to join an international educational school committed to innovation and excellence, where people place the highest value on student and professional learning, Lucton Chongqing is just the right school for you.
Currently the following positions of Lucton Chongqing are still available. If you are hoping to join us or get further information, please contact our HR Ms. Dai via [email protected]. Please kindly name the subject of your email with your full name and the position you are interested in and we will get back to you within 48 hours after receiving your email.
1. Mathematics & Physics Teacher*1 (Expat/Bilingual)
2. Business Studies Teacher*1 (Expat)
3. Head of Boarding and Pastoral Care (Bilingual)
*Bilingual stands for Chinese and English.
1. Development of the school
• To support the vision and mission, positive ethos and policies of the whole school and raise standards of the teaching, learning and attainment of students.
• To support the evaluation of the effectiveness of the school’s policies and developments.
• To keep abreast of educational developments in subjects in line with the needs of the school.
2. Teaching and Learning
• To be an exemplary teacher, clearly demonstrating effective planning, teaching and organization, and high standards of achievement and behaviour in subject lessons.
• To be responsible for the development and on-going review of the school’s subject curriculum and related schemes of work.
• To support the development of the school’s subject assessment procedures.
• To work effectively to ensure that there is progression across the year groups.
• To be able to keep records of student progress in line with school policy.
• To be able to use assessments of students learning to inform future planning.
3. Other Specific Responsibilities
• To participate in continuing professional development (CPD) activities.
• To participate in arrangements made by the school for the review and management of performance.
• To contribute greatly to the extra-curricular program, which may include lunchtimes, break-times, after school, and sometimes weekends.
• To maintain and develop links with parents, other schools, educational institutions and the wider community, including business and industry in order to enhance teaching, learning and personal development opportunities for the subject education of all the students.
4.Safeguarding (Head of Boarding and Pastoral Care)
• Be a Designated Safeguarding Lead and as such, prepare and present at the weekly Safeguarding meeting.
• Being the designated Child Protection Lead and following all protocol to manage and report any safeguarding issues in the school to Academic Head and Head of School Office.
• Liaise with the other key staff to monitor students’ overall wellbeing and ensure that all Boarding staff do the same.
• Support and assist students to ensure that they understand and are actively adhering to Lucton Discipline policy including the issuing of sanctions, incentives and rewards in consultation with other key staff and ensure that all Boarding Team Leaders do the same.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree or above.
2. Teaching experience: At least 2 years in related subject.
3. A recognised teaching qualification is highly desirable.
4. Fluent English is required.
5. IGCSE and A Level experience is essential.
6. Passionate, inspiring, and knowledgeable teachers of their subject.
7. Able to provide intensive pastoral support in the school as tutors and be aware of the pastoral welfare of all students.
8. Committed to the co-curricular programme by sharing with the students’ area(s) in which they have a particular interest and through providing academic extension and enrichment activities.
9. Able to work under pressure.