- Address Dulwich International High School Zhuhai, China
Dulwich International High School Zhuhai (DHZH) is a selective, English-medium, co-educational four-year high school. Our students are highly motivated and learning focused which provides an outstanding school climate to work in. The majority of our almost 400 students are PRC nationals who will pursue their tertiary studies at excellent universities and colleges outside China. To this end, our students opt out of the Chinese education system at the end of junior middle school to follow a curriculum leading to IGCSEs and A Levels.
DHZH is currently in our eleventh year of operation and moved to an 800 seat purpose built campus on Hengqin Island in 2021. We opened in September 2010 within the beautiful grounds of the prestigious Yung Wing School in Zhuhai. The links with both Dulwich College London and Yung Wing School allow us to live the ideal that our school is a bridge between the educational traditions of East and West and it is this unique distinction that sets us apart from our competitors.
Zhuhai is one of several Special Economic Zones in mainland China and is experiencing considerable development including Hengqin Island, which is part of an Education and Technology hub in South China’s Greater Bay Area. Macau lies only minutes away and a one-hour ferry journey or bus ride on the new Zhuhai-Macau bridge will take you to Hong Kong.
Zhuhai is well positioned for flights into China and South East Asia and its high standard of living and warm temperate climate make it an excellent place to pursue an international teaching career.
Dulwich College International (DCI) recognizes that exceptional and inspirational teachers are our most valuable resource in providing our students with an excellent international education. Dulwich teachers are ambitious for their students’ learning and put students first in everything they do. They have the highest aspirations for their students’ achievement and development, both in the classroom and through the many extra-curricular activities on offer. Our teachers actively promote the College’s Mission and Vision through their enthusiastic and full participation in College life and their supportive engagement with students, colleagues and parents. A clear focus on learning is the foundation stone for DCI’s six core teacher standards which guide and inform our work with our young people across each age range and developmental phase. They are:
1. Knowing students and how they learn
2. Plan for and implement effective learning and teaching
3. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning and progress
4. Develop supportive and safe learning environments
5. Demonstrate International- mindedness and Global Citizenship
6. Engage Professionally in Learning and with the Community
Our Teaching Profile
Dulwich College International is One Family of Schools focused on every student achieving his or her very best in school and life beyond, which is why all our students Graduate Worldwise, ensuring they are confidently prepare for the uncertainties of the future. To guarantee this experience for all our students, we look to recruit the very best practitioners in international education so that, with us, they continue to develop as Worldwise Teachers. Our teaching and learning is grounded in the Dulwich Learning Principles
Our Vision of Teachers
Our Worldwise Teachers:
- Display self-control and flexibility and nurture these skills in learners
- Promote a love of learning and student wellbeing
- Show professional initiative and perseverance
- Get on with others and have highly developed communication skills
- Are committed to internationalism and equity
- Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
- Promote academic rigour and holistic learning
A Worldwise Teacher values:
- Evidence-based pedagogy and personalised student learning
- A compassionate approach to complex problem-solving
- High levels of student motivation and engagement
- Professional collaboration and collective efficacy
A Worldwise Teacher’s practice:
- Lifelong learning and reflective practice
- Reveals the complex and inter-disciplinary nature of learning content
- Nurtures supportive and dynamic learning environments
- Maximises every student’s opportunity to learn
- Activates hard thinking processes and skills
Post-holder Qualifications, Experience
|THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE|
How to Apply
DHZH is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students. Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
Applicants are welcomed and should include a CV and a letter of application outlining:
- Why you feel your experience and qualifications are suited to this role
- What personal characteristics, qualities and competencies you have that fit the role, and will add value to it
- Your vision for this role
Applications can only be considered where candidates meet the China visa requirements. The teacher should hold a Bachelor and/or higher degree, a valid teaching qualification, have a min of 2-years full time teaching experience and have a native level of English language fluency.
Further details may be viewed by clicking on https://zhuhai-high-school.dulwich.org/
Interviews will take place as soon as applications are received, therefore early application is encouraged.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, successful references, as well as due visa and work permit process as required by Chinese law.